Coins For Change and Giving

Coins_for_Change_Logo_2012

It’s that time of year again! The time when many people are celebrating family and taking time off from school and work for the holidays. It’s also time for Coins For Change in Club Penguin, where players get to choose how we divide a huge donation to worthy causes around the world. Coins For Change is probably one of my favorite things in CP…

We started doing Coins For Change back in 2007, because the Club Penguin Team wants to make the world be a better place for everyone. We want to see everyone have access to healthy food, clean water, education and a beautiful environment to live in.

Imagine… What if every penguin in CP worked together to change the world? To use less fossil fuel? To use less plastic? To build wells in developing countries where people have to walk for miles just to get fresh water? The possibilities are endless! Every little action from each person makes a difference. The more action, the better!

Did you know that the CP team works to give back all year round? It’s not just about giving a few virtual coins. It’s about doing real things in the real world to make a difference. That’s why we give a portion of every paid membership to help real world causes.

We even have a competition at work to see who can make the biggest difference in the world! Everything from printing less paper, to riding a bike instead of using a car. Every action you do earns you points, and it’s a big competitive game to see who can make the biggest difference in the world!

The team just finished up a video about Coins For Change that will be released on YouTube this week. Stay tuned for that, as well as some sneak peeks of the Holiday Party! Moose is almost finished the sneak peek video and we hope you love it! 🙂

Waddle on…

32 comments
      gf3lt0n
      December 12, 2012 at 12:39 pm

Yes, I’m glad that they give us sneak peaks while just making fun to watch videos. 😀

1. zonnie (@zonnieCP)
    zonnie (@zonnieCP)
    December 12, 2012 at 12:45 am

I really liked reading this post. I am very happy with the Club Penguin team on working all together to try and make a difference in our world. I really love Coins For Change, and I look forward to it every single year. I also can’t wait for the CFC video, and Holiday Party sneak peek you have for us. Thanks Polo Field and Businesmoose ! 🙂

2. redchampion1cp
    redchampion1cp
    December 12, 2012 at 12:47 am

Hello I’m your biggest fan Polo.
    -Redchampion-1

3. Trainman1405
    Trainman1405
    December 12, 2012 at 12:47 am

Sweet, I can’t wait! It’s cool to say I’ve participated in every Coins For Change event so far.

batreeqah
      December 14, 2012 at 3:35 pm

Lucky you.
      This is my second time.

4. clubpenguinperapin
    clubpenguinperapin
    December 12, 2012 at 1:32 am

It is lovely that we can make a difference!!
    Thanks for making this post Polo Field. 🙂

~Perapin 🙂

5. djpingy8
    djpingy8
    December 12, 2012 at 11:20 am

When Coins For Change starts up every year, I’m always willing to donate!

6. gf3lt0n
    gf3lt0n
    December 12, 2012 at 12:38 pm

I liked this post a lot. I started doing coins for change in ’07 and uploaded the smallest amount because I didn’t have that much. I really loved that you guys did this. With all the natural disasters and crisises that have happened since you started it in ’07 I can see that tons of people are eager to donate their coins. But I have a question, If we have 3rd party programs, are we aloud to use them to perm coins and then donate them? I’ve always wondered that because if I used them I wouldn’t exactly be cheating, I’d be helping. Please think about this.

~XONIUS

7. possum2001
    possum2001
    December 12, 2012 at 4:10 pm

Dear polofield,
    Could you please reply to my comment I sent you about a postcard? Please polo field reply to this and then your WordPress account has a comment for me. Could you arrange a time for me to meet you so that you can visit my igloo and send me a postcard!
    Thanks polo
    Possum2001 :):)

8. possum2001
    possum2001
    December 12, 2012 at 4:19 pm

Polo could you also make me a gravatar for me as a giant blue puffle wearing bunny shoes, a tree topper hat and a green puffle computer.
    Thanks you polo
    Possum2001

9. batreeqah
    batreeqah
    December 14, 2012 at 3:35 pm

Cool.
    I can’t wait for the video.
    I’ll try to donate at least 15,000 coins or even more!

10. tubbi3
    tubbi3
    December 14, 2012 at 5:47 pm

Hey Polo, I love your blog, do you like mine? tubbi3.wordpress.com

11. mepauset
    mepauset
    December 16, 2012 at 11:39 am

I am so proud to be on Club Penguin, it allows me to be responsible for others! Thank you Polo Field, you really are the best blogger I know and saw your Christmas make us jump for joy Polo Field ^ ^ Thanks! -Mepauset
    (if you see this message, answer me in picture, not just kidding :D)

mepauset
      December 16, 2012 at 4:27 pm

And its my birthday tomorrow ! -Mepauset

12. uswu
    uswu
    December 17, 2012 at 12:51 am

Hey polo field, thanks for the post. I love participating in Coins For Change. Also on CP i’m Max(space)7727 please accept my friend request.
    Max 7727
    uswu

13. Ralphina1
    Ralphina1
    December 22, 2012 at 12:27 am

Thanks for the post card, happy field friday!!
    ~Ralphina1

14. Matii Fubuki ツ (@MathiiSwagger)
    Matii Fubuki ツ (@MathiiSwagger)
    December 22, 2012 at 11:12 pm

You make me a partner in Club Penguin, in my country do not sell membership cards and my mom does not have enough money to buy a credit card and I think maybe your partner can do to me and my brother I am Matii Fubuki and is Fertil2 well that’s all, if you can make us a partner you really appreciate it 🙂

15. Double Mvp
    Double Mvp
    December 23, 2012 at 9:39 pm

It’s amazing, the reason I started Club Penguin in 2007 was after seeing a commercial on Disney about Club Penguin’s Coins for Change.. And I’ve been a part of ever single one. 🙂

16. uswu
    uswu
    December 27, 2012 at 9:38 pm

Polo Field when is field Friday what server and when an what room please reply.

17. uswu
    uswu
    December 28, 2012 at 12:29 am

MY GRAVATAR WORKS!!!

18. uswu
    uswu
    December 28, 2012 at 2:38 pm

Yes when is field friday i really want to ad you to my friends list.

19. uswu
    uswu
    December 28, 2012 at 6:20 pm

WE are ready for field friday dec 28th on fog.

20. uswu
    uswu
    December 28, 2012 at 7:25 pm

I used up all of my penguin time waiting for u at field friday :(.

• Polo Field
      Polo Field • Post Author •
      December 29, 2012 at 2:38 am

Sorry to hear that. Hopefully I can find you another time. Don’t worry, there will always be more chances!

uswu
        December 29, 2012 at 2:29 pm

Thanks, I hope ill see you next week and yesterdays field Friday was on Fog right? Well, you’ve always been my favorite moderator. Also next time moose does a top ten video comment on my blog telling me which server and what time. (if you can).