Happiness

smiles

I just watched a documentary called “Happy“, all about happiness and how it affects people. It was so awesome!

So many people strive to find happiness through money, status and the way they look. But none of these things bring happiness! The three things that do bring happiness: personal growth, friends, and giving to others. Isn’t that interesting?

I’m lucky to work for Club Penguin. I learn something new every day, I work with a team of great friends, and I even get to connect with awesome players around the world who are also my great friends online. Not only that, but I also get to give back to my local community (like volunteering and raising money for local charities) and give back to causes around the world (like building safe places, protecting endangered animals and providing medical help for the sick.)

Basically, I have a dream job that helps me be happy and create awesome things. How awesome is that?

So the question is – what could you do to be happier? Is there something you could do differently that would make you a happier person?

42 comments
  1. Zerquix18
    Zerquix18
    December 29, 2012 at 2:54 am

I wanna be web developer and help everybody!

• Polo Field
      Polo Field • Post Author •
      December 29, 2012 at 3:01 am

Cool! What would you help people with as a web dev?

Zerquix18
        December 29, 2012 at 4:29 am

Helping with her blogs and pages and helping them also to learn! πŸ˜€

• Polo Field
          Polo Field • Post Author •
          December 29, 2012 at 9:29 pm

That’s cool. Teaching others is a great thing. Share knowledge!

2. Trainman1405
    Trainman1405
    December 29, 2012 at 3:01 am

The best thing I and everyone else can do in my opinion is to make sure they’re in a positive environment. If there are negative things in the way is can make you less happy or even depressed. Stress is also a factor, since less stress = more happiness. I always make sure I am working on something not too stressful, and if I find myself getting stressed, then I destress. (something I personally enjoy doing to destress is listening to EDM – electronic dance music)

Friends are also a key factor, as interacting with friends vs not interacting with anybody makes a huge difference to me. It gives me a boost of happiness and helps if you’re feeling lonely and/or sad. I always make sure I’m interacting with others (via Twitter, instant messaging, or even through website comments) throughout the day. You talking to someone might even make someone’s day by talking to them, too. πŸ™‚

• Polo Field
      Polo Field • Post Author •
      December 29, 2012 at 9:31 pm

Nice one, Train. Creating a positive environment for others is a huge deal for creating happiness!

3. gf3lt0n
    gf3lt0n
    December 29, 2012 at 3:04 am

What I want to do to be happy is to help other people get chances in life I take for granted and they don’t really get. I’m constantly donating to real-life charities such as Goodwill and I’ve already donated 50,000 coins to CFC. I can’t say that I haven’t really been a sad person for that long, I’m really glad and fortunate of that too. Really thanks Polo, for letting me say that.

• Polo Field
      Polo Field • Post Author •
      December 29, 2012 at 9:30 pm

It’s never too late to start doing things that make you happier. Give to others, spend time with friends, learn new skills!

4. Ralphina1
    Ralphina1
    December 29, 2012 at 3:13 am

I would like to work for club penguin, I’d start as a cp support person, and work my way up to a graphic designer or a writer. I might stay support because I know sooooo much about cp, and I love sharng my info with others. When I see sad penguins, I just walk over and say “CYBER HUG!” I’ve even had a whole room do a group ug for a penguin before. Its cool when you see others care.

• Polo Field
      Polo Field • Post Author •
      December 29, 2012 at 9:29 pm

That’s sweet of you!

5. clubpenguinperapin
    clubpenguinperapin
    December 29, 2012 at 4:17 am

I love to make other penguins happy! πŸ™‚

~Perapin πŸ™‚

6. clubpenguinperapin
    clubpenguinperapin
    December 29, 2012 at 6:16 am

It’s super that you have your dream job Polo Field! πŸ™‚ Thanks for making us happy, adding lots of penguins on your friends list, sharing your thoughts on this Club Penguin Blog and more which makes us happy. You are a great friend to have in Club Penguin. Hope to see you another time on Club Penguin soon. πŸ™‚

~Perapin πŸ™‚

7. clubpenguinperapin
    clubpenguinperapin
    December 29, 2012 at 6:18 am

P.S. I keep forgetting to use a different smiley on WordPress blogs, that WordPress smiley is not cute enough for me. (:

~Perapin (:

• Polo Field
      Polo Field • Post Author •
      December 29, 2012 at 9:28 pm

That’s interesting, isn’t it? Researchers have found that buying gifts for others can bring happiness.

clubpenguinperapin
        January 6, 2013 at 9:30 pm

But making the presents will make you happier! πŸ™‚

~Perapin πŸ™‚

8. uswu
    uswu
    December 29, 2012 at 2:25 pm

I love being generous! πŸ™‚
    – Max 7727

9. mega7000
    mega7000
    December 29, 2012 at 3:34 pm

me too when I recieve my bulletin I am happy

10. pingywin8 (@pingywin8)
    pingywin8 (@pingywin8)
    December 29, 2012 at 3:38 pm

Hey penguins,we and the club penguin community are already spreading the happiness around the world by donating to Coins For Change.Well,the coins for change board didn’t explode due to the coins we are donating,it exploded due to the happiness we are providing poor people πŸ™‚

11. mega7000
    mega7000
    December 29, 2012 at 3:50 pm

Yeah for make happier another person I would tell everybody where you or another modernateur are

12. mega7000
    mega7000
    December 29, 2012 at 3:52 pm

and I can give coins for coins for change cause I gave 30 000 and + coins

13. uswu
    uswu
    December 29, 2012 at 8:57 pm

Now i used up my penguin time waiting for spike hike on spike Saturday but i did meet moose but he didn’t add me tell moose that i would like him to add Max(space)7727 to his friends list.

14. uswu
    uswu
    December 29, 2012 at 9:05 pm

Also in addition to my comment i met a polo field (maybe fake) his name was polo C.p. is that you polo. please reply.

• Polo Field
      Polo Field • Post Author •
      December 29, 2012 at 9:26 pm

Nope that’s a fake.

15. uswu
    uswu
    December 29, 2012 at 9:10 pm

When will new horizons part 2 come out?

• Polo Field
      Polo Field • Post Author •
      December 29, 2012 at 9:26 pm

Not sure! We haven’t started making it yet. We want to make sure it’s as interesting as possible for everyone.

• Polo Field
      Polo Field • Post Author •
      December 29, 2012 at 9:25 pm

That’s awesome!! You’ve got some great editing skills. Nice work. πŸ˜€

16. Mdwg59
    Mdwg59
    December 30, 2012 at 1:24 am

I am going to work for Club Penguin! That’s what I’ll do! It’s my dream job, and now you made it even more exiting to me! Waddle on Polo Field!

17. batreeqah
    batreeqah
    January 1, 2013 at 11:07 pm

I help people with there things and duties.
    I can also answer questions I know.

18. Pumped Up Kicks
    Pumped Up Kicks
    January 3, 2013 at 12:29 pm

I love donating and i also advice others by watching others happy .. i also become happy πŸ™‚
    ~ Disneydimney

19. 123kitten1
    123kitten1
    January 4, 2013 at 10:04 pm

Polo Field, I just met you on the server Fjord today!

20. possum2001
    possum2001
    January 5, 2013 at 5:59 am

polo field could i meet you on club penguin and could you postcard me and come to my igloo?
    possum2001

21. mepauset
    mepauset
    January 9, 2013 at 9:06 pm

Happy everyday ! I <3 Coins For Change, it is helping people (like this too ^^) Good Bye Polo, sorry, i can't come to your polo field friday πŸ™ but i am happy ! ^^ Mepauset-happy happy happy!!

22. jojoba28
    jojoba28
    January 12, 2013 at 2:19 am

Polo i want to work in the CP central office, i Can? i live in Colombia and speaks english perfectly

23. thetwink102
    thetwink102
    January 12, 2013 at 4:35 am

Hey Polo! Do you think u could check out me and my friend’s blog? its www .graffocp. com! just remove the spaces… πŸ˜‰

24. man339